Dr. Pradeep P. Thevannoor Innovation Awards 2015
SCMS School of Engineering and Technology , Cochin proudly announces a national contest for “Dr. Pradeep P. Thevannoor Innovation Awards” for the best new socially relevant and commercially viable innovative thought. We encourage the ideation for novel products, services and technologies from school and college level students, within India. The outcome of the competition can lead to a successful entrepreneurial venture . The competition is organised in association with Vodafone and Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam University (KTU) with technical support from Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Cell (IEDC) of SCMS School of Engineering and Technology (SSET), Karukutty, Ernakulam, Kerala, KSIDC, Kerala StartUp Mission and ICT Academy. We invite clear and fresh innovative ideas, having a real possibility of impacting the greater good, with a strong focus and chance of success and to become best products and practices
- Competition will be conducted in two categories- School Level and College Level. Students from all over India can participate
- Study projects and prize won projects need not be submitted.
- Submitters are asked to provide summary of their innovative idea.
- Based on the feasibility, novelty and social relevance, 15 Semi-finalists from each category will be selected by an expert panel.
- Semi-finalists will be asked to make an exhibition and describe their idea. Among them 5 finalists from each category will be selected.
- A maximum financial assistance (based on project estimate) of Rs. 5000 will be provided to the semi-finalists on completion of the exhibition of their idea.
- Finalists from school and college levels will make an interaction with a panel of judges to share and convince their idea on a public platform.
- Based on the project presentation and interaction, the judges’ panel will name a winner and runner-up from each category for “Dr. Pradeep P. Thevannoor Innovation competition”.
- The prize money for the college level is: Rs. 1 lakh (Winner) and Rs. 50,000 (runner-up), and for the school level is Rs. 50,000 (Winner) and Rs. 25,000 (runner-up).
- An assured prize money of Rs. 10,000 each will be granted for rest of the finalis
Highlight of the Program
Venture Capitalists are evaluating the program as judges, so that winners will get an additional opportunity to materialise the particular projects along.
Who Can Compete?
Participation Category 1: College Level – Students of Engineering colleges
Participation Category 2: School Level- High School Students (8th to 10th) and Higher secondary school Students (Plus one and Plus Two).
What’s the Team Size?
1 to 5 members per team. A team can present only one project. The team members cannot be changed during the competition
What’s the Deadline?
Online Abstract submissions close on December 21, 2015
What you should do?
- Title of the proposed project/ idea.
- Name, Postal address, email and contact number of the team members
- Identity proof (Scanned copy of the school/college identity card).
- Scope and Objectives of the project/ idea (30-75 words).
- Overall approach including Methodology/ Procedure/ Process of the Project (75-100 words)
- A description of the project with emphasis on the feasibility, social relevance and commercial viability. It should be between 450 words to 600 words.
- Brief explanation on how this project/ idea will present novel (new) or additive information to the existing practice.
- Financial estimate of the project.
- An affidavit on the originality of the idea/ project.
Judging Criteria for Abstracts
The abstract submitted by the participants is to be judged by an expert panel. The judges will be looking at the following criterion Innovation, demonstrated creativity and originality of idea, Technical merit, viability, commercialization strategy, Implementation feasibility and Supporting evidences.