Home » Engineering Education » Engineering institutions gearing up for the NBA accreditation process will now have to undergo a prequalifier first

Engineering institutions gearing up for the NBA accreditation process will now have to undergo a prequalifier first

Recent Posts


Click here to follow on Facebook

Enter your email address to follow this web portal and receive notifications of new posts by email / unsubscribe at anytime...We don’t do spam

Click here to go back to Homepage

Portal Stats

  • 747,283 hits

Live Traffic

Flag Counter

Click here for Engineering Calender


The Times of India | Prasad Joshi | TNN | January 12, 2016 |  Engineering colleges to go through prequalifier for accreditation.

Aurangabad: Engineering institutions gearing up for the accreditation process will now have to undergo a prequalifier first. The National Board of Accreditation (NBA), which is the central-level competent authority for accreditation of different professional programmes, has introduces the new step for undergraduate programmes of tier-II institutions, which include non-autonomous institutions affiliated to universities. Institutions will now be required to pay only 10% of the accreditation fee at first and fill in the prequalifier format online. The Engineering Evaluation and Accreditation Committee of the NBA will evaluate these details. The payment link for the remaining 90% will be opened only after the panel finds the information to be in compliance with the requirements.

In other cases, the committee will inform the institution about the shortcomings and the latter will have to apply for accreditation after rectifying the issues. Stakeholders have termed the rule change a win-win situation for the colleges and NBA. Ulhas Shinde, dean of the engineering faculty at Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, told TOI on Monday the prequalifier would benefit institutions significantly as colleges with scope for development will only have to pay 10% of the fees at the start and their money will not be blocked. It will also act as an application screening process and make the task easier for the NBA, which has considerable pendency of applications, he said.  Around 21 engineering colleges are affiliated to the university. Institutions offering courses in engineering & technology, management, pharmacy, architecture, applied arts and crafts, computer applications, and hospitality and tourism management fall under the purview of the NBA. It charges around Rs 2 lakh from colleges towards accreditation fees for each programme.  The board has a two-tier system. Tier-I is for technical programmes offered by autonomous institutions and university departments, while tier-II is for non-autonomous institutions affiliated to a university. The criteria for accreditation are the same in both tiers. Last year, the state directorate of technical education had clarified that institutes coming under its ambit would have to get NBA certification, failing which their demand to increase seats in future would not be accepted. – Courtesy / Pre-Qualifier for Accreditation Visit of UG Engg. Programs under Tier II Format


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s


Engineering, Science & Technology Resources Portal... Where Teaching and Learning in a Networked World…