Home » AICTE » AICTE has made it mandatory for all Research to be online to tackle plagiarism

AICTE has made it mandatory for all Research to be online to tackle plagiarism

Recent Posts


Click here to follow on Facebook

Enter your email address to follow this web portal and receive notifications of new posts by email / unsubscribe at anytime...We don’t do spam

Click here to go back to Homepage

Portal Stats

  • 746,912 hits

Live Traffic

Flag Counter

Click here for Engineering Calender


The Times of India | Snehlata Shrivastav | February 13, 2016 |

Nagpur: In India plagiarism and duplication in research is fairly common. With the aim of tackling this menace that is killing Indian research, the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) has made it mandatory for all researchers (UG/PG and diploma) to put their project proposals as well as full research online from this year onward.  “It is a measure towards improving the quality and content of research. It will make students as well as guides conscious of what they do. Once they will put their proposed or completed work online they can know if it has been done by someone else too. This will avoid copying, duplication and plagiarism. IIM Ahmedabad, under Prof Anil Gupta, has developed a software for this and it will be used for scanning the projects,” said Prof Anil Sahasrabudhe, AICTE chairman.

Sahasrabudhe was in city to attend the three-day international conference on “Research for Resurgence’ being hosted by Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology (VNIT) and organized jointly by Bhartiya Shikshan Mandal and various universities.  On the issue of lakhs of engineering seats remaining vacant since past few years, the AICTE head said that it was a result of the demand and supply position. “Already colleges have stopped asking for new seats. Many have begun surrendering them. It is evident that only those offering quality education will stay while others will perish,” he said. Sahasrabudhe informed AICTE was also now ensuring there was no deficiency of teachers in engineering and other technical educations. Now 80% teachers will be from the institute while remaining 20% will be from industry. This would ensure industry got to know the students and engineers in the making. It would also improve institute-industry interaction and generate better employment opportunity for engineers, he said. Similarly, National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), the body grading other educational institutions like colleges and universities, is also working towards improving the education standard. NAAC chairman Prof D P Singh, who too was in the conference, said the council was planning a review of grades. Those with high CGPA consecutively for 3-5 years will be reassessed and upgraded. “At present institutes with CGPA ranging from 3-4 are in the same category. Now we will narrow the range and create grades like A, A+, A++ etc for A, B and C categories,” said Singh. Singh said had NAAC now changed the accreditation process. It firsts asked the institute to send a proposal online for improving quality in a set period and then assessed it accordingly. It has made the process more transparent. NAAC visit now needed to be videographed too, he added. –  Courtesy


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s


Engineering, Science & Technology Resources Portal... Where Teaching and Learning in a Networked World…