The Times of India | Ravindra Uppar | TNN | April 28, 2016 |
BELAGAVI: Online question paper delivery system adopted by Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU) is being praised not just in India but abroad too. Now, technological giant country Japan has come forward to adopt the system. Also, Japan government has shown interest in hiring 40,000 engineers, especially from Karnataka in phase manner. Recently, 10 delegates from Japan government visited VTU and took the note about how the system works. Speaking to mediapersons, acting vice-chancellor of the varsity HG Shekharappa said it’s a proud moment for the university as well as our country that Japan government signed MoU with VTU on March 20 for adopting of online question paper delivery system, which has been proved safest and leak proof system.
Shekharappa said VTU conducts around 6,000 examinations annually for different UG, PG and PhD programmes. Since past three years, system is working without single lapse. Meanwhile, he said Japan government is interested in recruiting 40,000 engineers, especially from Karnataka in phase manner. Once the recruitment is done, recruits will be given one-year-training in Japan. Higher education minister TB Jayachandra has shown interest about this proposed agreement and assured of providing all types of support on behalf of the government, officer said. – Courtesy
40,000 engineers from India to be hired by Japan : New Delhi, April 29, 2016 – India Today
The Japan government came to the rescue of thousands of engineers from India with the proposal of mass hiring.
The Japan government had come to the rescue of thousands of engineers from India with the proposal of mass hiring. Not only this, the Japanese authorities have even offered Japanese language programmes in different universities for these students.
Where is the hiring being done from and why?
- Recently, 10 officials of Silver Peak, a Japanese firm, visited Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU)- Belagavi, in order to judge the technical skills of engineers
- Also, they visited other engineering colleges in different parts of the Karnataka for recruitment
- According to a recent Hindu report , a representative from Japan on meeting the minister said, “Since several reputed engineering colleges are located in Bengaluru and other parts of Karnataka, we are keen on hiring engineers from here.”
- The one and only reason why Japan government has showed interest in hiring engineers from Karnataka is the exceptional online question paper delivery system that has been take on by the Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU)
- Moreover, in this question paper delivery system, there are no chances for any leaks and it is considered as the safest system till now
- Further, the higher education minister has assured to give full support in this regard.
MoU signed for the hiring process:
To get more assurance on this hiring, a memorandum of understanding (MoU) has been signed between Japan government and the university. For providing students with job, the Minister for Higher Education T.B. Jayachandra recently had a detailed meeting over this massive hiring.
Details of hiring process:
- As many as 40,000 engineers will be hired
- The recruitment will be done in different stages
- After the hiring gets over, the selected candidates will be given one-year-training in Japan only
- Learning Japanese language would be the main criteria for getting selected
- Soon, they will also start hiring process of four lakh nurses to work for old people in Japan. – Courtesy