Scholarship for Girls under PRAGATI Scheme and Scholarship for Differently Abled Students under SAKSHAM Scheme Implemented by All India Council For Technical Education, New Delhi.
Notification regarding PRAGATI (for Girls) and SAKSHAM (for Differently abled) scholarship schemes for academic year 2016-17 Students of 1st year admitted in academic year 2016-17 in AICTE approved Technical Institutions for Diploma or Degree level may apply.Note:
(1)The last date for online applications is (Date10.01.2017) up to 5:00 P.M.
(2) Incomplete applications are liable to be rejected summarily.
(3) Applications received offline will not be entertained.
(4)Reservation-15% for SC, 7.5% ST and 27% for OBC candidate/applicant.
Pragati: (Scholarship for Girl Students)
To provide encouragement and support to Girl Child to pursue technical education “Pragati Scholarship” has been launched by the MHRD from the year 2014-15 and implemented by All India Council for TechnicalEducation (AICTE).Pragati is a scheme of AICTE aimed at providing assistance for Advancement of Girls participation in Technical Education.Education is one of the most important means of empowering women with the knowledge, skill and self-confidence necessary to participate fully in the development process.This is an attempt to give every young Women the opportunity to further her educationand prepare for a successful future by Empowering Women Through Technical Education”.Salient Features of the Sheme:
Number of scholarships per annum: 4000
‘One Girl ’per family and it can be extended for Two Girl Child per family where the family income is less than Rs. 8 Lakh /annum (In case of married girl child, the income of parents/ in laws whichever is higher is to be considered).
The candidates will be selected on Merit at the qualifying examination to pursue technical education from amongst such candidates.
The candidates should have been admitted to 1stear of the Degree or Diploma programme in any of the AICTE approved institute during the academic year 2015-16 through centralized admission process of the State/ Centre Government.
Amount of scholarship: Tuition Fee of Rs. 30000/-or at actual, whichever is less and Rs.2000/-per month for 10 months as incidentals each year.
In case of candidates availing Tuition fee waiver/reimbursement, and amount of Rs.30000/-may be reimbursed to the candidates selected for this scheme by the way ofreimbursement for
a) Purchase of books,
b) Purchase of equipments, software
c) Purchase of Laptops.
d) Purchase of Desktops
e) Purchase of Vehicle
f) Fees paid towards competitive examination application forms/exam fees for all examinations related to higher education / employment
List of Required Documents
1. Scanned Copies of mark sheet of standard Xth / XIIth / Others as applicable and as filled up. (mandatory)
2. Scanned Copy of annual family income certificate for the financial year 2016-17 in the prescribed format issued by Tehsildar or equivalent competent Authority. (Annexure I)
3. Scanned Copy of admission letter to Diploma/Degree course. (mandatory)
4. Scanned Copy of Tuition Fee Receipt, showing clearly and separately the amount of tuition fee paid. (mandatory)
5. Scanned Copy of Bank Pass Book showing name of the student, Account number, IFSC code and Photograph pasted at appropriate place duly signed by Manager with rubber stamp of Bank affixed(mandatory)
6. Scanned copy of Certificate issued by the Director/Principal/Head of the institute (Annexure-II) (mandatory)
7. Scanned Copy of certificate issued by Competent Authority to the Differently abled candidate (PH candidate) (mandatory for application under scholarship for differently abled candidate), if applicable.
8. Scanned Copy of AADHAR card.
9. Attested Scanned copy of SC/ST/OBC Certificate. (mandatory in case of candidates claiming benefit of reservation policy).
10. Scanned copy of passport size photograph and signature.
More Details Visit AICTE Site : http://www.aicte-india.org/pragathiSaksham_2016-17.php
New Delhi: All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) has extended the last date of application submission for Saksham Scheme for 2016-17 batch students. The web portal will be open till 24 March 2017