India Innovation Initiative or i3 is one of India’s largest and most-awaited innovation challenges jointly-promoted by the Confederation of Indian Industry, the Department of Science & Technology, Government of India and the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) to identify, reward and recognize the top innovators from across the country and to enable commercialisation of the best, home-grown innovations through incubation support, mentorship, investor and industry connect. Now in its 9th edition, the focus of i3 2017 is on identifying high-potential innovators who have developed innovations with high-impact, and orienting and training them to become entrepreneurs. This year, the focus is on the human aspect, developing key entrepreneurship skills of innovators for maximum impact.
India Innovation Initiative (i3) is one of India’s most prestigious and most-awaited national innovation challenges promoted by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) in partnership with the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India and All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) that aims to encourage, enable and provide support to the development of home-grown, high-impact science & technology-based innovations and their transformation into viable and scalable commercial and social ventures.
Since its inception in 2009, it has been connecting original innovations having high social or industrial impact with the start-up ecosystem of business incubators, angel investors, venture capitalists and mentors at different stages of the innovation or business cycle, after they undergo a highly- competitive selection-process.
Benefits for Innovators
There are lots of reasons, but most importantly because..
- The top 100 will get the opportunity to present their innovations in front of a Jury in the Regional Fairs
- Top 100 innovators selected will get exclusive pre-incubation entrepreneurship training as part of the Regional Fairs
- The Top 20 innovators selected from the regional fairs will get to present their innovations at the i3 National Fair live in front of a Grand Jury for the i3 Top Awards.
- The winners of the i3 Top Awards will be recognized and awarded at the Awards function.
- Get access to incubation and connect to investor network
- Opportunity to receive mentorship support from serial entrepreneurs, investors and senior corporate professionals
- Networking with start-up ecosystem experts – incubator and accelerators, investors , mentors, senior corporates, academia and government officials. AICTE Notification – Programme Details…Click here http://www.i3.ciiinnovation.in/noc-programme-details-2017.php / http://www.i3.ciiinnovation.in/