Free online education is easily available at the click of a mouse. So not only you try out another subject to study and gain more knowledge, you can also find many alternate sources to help you understand your current course material online. But just because it’s online doesn’t mean it’s any less serious. Free online courses/videos are not just an addition to the course you’re already doing or have done in the past. They can even help you grasp concepts which you may not have understood in the college. By visiting different online courses/videos, you’ll be exposed to different methods of teaching, and some methods may help you understand your college coursework better than others.
FAQ: Does these programmes replace teachers?
NO. It only supplements the conventional system of training and education and brings uniformity in technical education.
Click any Titles Below…
1. NPTEL provides E-learning through online Web and Video courses in Engineering, Science and humanities streams. NPTEL is an acronym for National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning which is an initiative by seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee) and Indian Institute of Science (IISc) for creating course contents in engineering and science. Five engineering branches (Civil, Computer Science, Electrical, Electronics and Communication and Mechanical) and core science programmes that all engineering students are required to take in their undergraduate engineering programme in India were chosen initially. Contents for the above courses were based on the model curriculum suggested by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and the syllabi of major affiliating Universities in India.
Certificates from IITs & IISc are just a click away…Click here for NPTEL Online Courses
The mission of NPTEL is to enhance the quality of Engineering education in the country by providing free online courseware. NPTEL: A Critical Study from IEEE ->IEEE Paper – A Critical Study of NPTEL
The text of video lectures has been obtained through manual processes and is therefore error-prone. There is no claim to accuracy on the text content provided in this site. We are working with many professors to correct their lecture transcripts so that they can become both verbatim transcripts as well as readable text help for those who have bandwidth limitations and cannot download full video courses. An audio file (mp3 format) is provided as download along with the transcript of each file. The transcribed files given as pdf are also being used to provide subtitles to the video (in English) and can be used in the future for providing local language translations.
NPTEL material is available for FREE on NPTEL Website. If you are not able to download lectures due to bandwidth constraints, you can obtain the courses in DVDs by paying a nominal fee (to cover the cost of storage media and distribution). To know various Payment options / To Order Buy NPTEL DVDs .click here ..Option 1 Option 2 – B Tech Guru
NPTEL Online Certification – 2 courses on going !! Details…
1.0.1 : http://onlinevideolecture.com/
1.1 Engineering Tube is one big online institution where you can read and watch stuffs from the experts across the globe. Be it any subject or topic, we have it all here for you, assorted meticulously to give our viewers a comfortable and enriching stay here. All you guys, students or working professionals, enjoy this knowledge repository and feel free to know thoroughly about anything and gradually everything. As they say “Knowledge increases when shared”. So keep acquiring knowledge and keep passing it on to others who seek
My Open Courses offers over 11,000 hours curriculum based videos on Engineering, Management and other streams completely free of cost. These videos are created by some of the best academic minds in the world.
My Open Courses videos are accompanied by subject notes, assignments and reference material that will help students to have a complete overview of the subject. Videos are offered in 2 different formats – for low bandwidths as well high speed connections. The videos are compatible with low end Android phones and the application delivers videos based on the mobile hardware.
My Open Courses is an official partner of NPTEL, an initiative funded by NMEICT, Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India that aims at bringing education to every student with the use of technology.
Udacity is a totally new kind of learning experience. You learn by solving challenging problems and pursuing udacious projects with world-renowned university …
Higher education that overcomes the boundaries of geography, time and money!
EdX is a not-for-profit enterprise of its founding partners Harvard University and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology that features learning designed specifically for interactive study via the web.
Open Yale Courses provides free and open access to a selection of introductory courses taught by distinguished teachers and scholars at Yale University.
Academic Earth aims to provide everyone with the opportunity to earn a world-class education by offering free online classes and online learning tools.
7. Khan Academy
The Khan Academy is an organization on a mission. We’re a not-for-profit with the goal of changing education for the better by providing a free world-class education for anyone anywhere.
MIT OpenCourseWare (OCW) is a web-based publication of virtually all MIT course content. OCW is open and available to the world and is a permanent MIT activity.
The vision is to scale up this pilot project ‘SAKSHAT’ to cater to the learning needs of more than 50 crore people through a proposed scheme of ‘National Mission in Education through Information and Communication Technology (ICT). The scheme is to provide connectivity to all institutions of higher learning to world of knowledge in the cyber space, to leverage the potential of ICT, in providing high quality knowledge modules with right e-contents, to address to the personalized needs of learners, in order to take care of their aspirations.
Technology Enhanced Learning (TEL) has a goal to provide soci-technical innovations (also improving efficiency and cost effectiveness) for e-Learning practices, regarding indivishuals and organizations, independent of time, place and pace. The field of TEL therefore applies to the support of any learning activity through technology. The e-Learning initiative of VTU was started in August 2003 with the main aim of facilitating distance education and training to the students and faculty in technical subjects/courses through satellite and web. The delivery of content is via EDUSAT, India’s dedicated satellite for education, and Internet. : http://elearning.vtu.ac.in/newvtuelc/
VTU e-learning’s ‘Video On Demand’ endeavor is to help students learn laboratory practices at their convenience. For the first time in the Country, Videos of Laboratory Experiments are on the e-learning portal. http://videos.vtu.ac.in/
A social entrepreneurship company that partners with the top universities in the world to offer courses online for anyone to take, for free. We envision a future where the top universities are educating not only thousands of students, but millions. Our technology enables the best professors to teach tens or hundreds of thousands of students. Classes offered on Coursera are designed to help you master the material. When you take one of our classes, you will watch lectures taught by world-class professors, learn at your own pace, test your knowledge, and reinforce concepts through interactive exercises.
12. MERLOT : Multimedia Educational Resource for Learning & Online Teaching
MERLOT is a leading edge, user-centered, searchable collection of peer reviewed and selected higher education, online learning materials, catalogued by registered members and a set of faculty development support services. MERLOTs vision is to be a premiere online community where faculty, staff, and students from around the world share their learning materials and pedagogy.
• Access restrictions: None
• Full multimedia
OpenEdX, an open-source platform, is Stanford’s commitment to the collaborative improvement of online learning. We believe flexible and porous learning environments give educators the tools and freedom to develop new courses and learning modules that can transform the classroom experience of their students.
mooc.org is an edX destination. We’re working to help educational institutions, businesses and teachers easily build and host courses for the world to take. mooc.org goes live in the first half of 2014. Are you interested in creating or hosting courses on mooc.org? Complete one of the three forms below and let us know how mooc.org fits into your plans. We’ll be in touch as we get closer to launch.
15. NME Through ICT
Every Indian learner deserves to be given a chance to have the highest quality education. Scarcity of trained teachers critically hinders this national desire. This project envisions empowerment of teachers, through workshops conducted for thousands of teachers at on go, using a unique blend of technology and an innovative pedagogy. Thousands have experienced the effectiveness of this approach, and of the resulting open source contents.
16. Spoken-Tutorial : List of Videos. An initiative of National Mission on Education through ICT, Government of India, to promote IT literacy through Open Source Software. The Spoken Tutorial project is the initiative of the ‘Talk to a Teacher’ activity of the National Mission on Education through Information and Communication Technology (ICT), launched by the Ministry of Human Resources and Development, Government of India. The use of spoken tutorials to popularize software development and its use will be coordinated through this website. (The Spoken Tutorial project is being developed by IIT Bombay for MHRD, GOI).
17. CDEEP – Centre for Distance Education Engineering Programme of IIT Bombay.
One of its major activities is to transmit IIT Bombay’s regular courses live via satellite and through the internet. The courses offered through CDEEP are taught by IIT Bombay faculty for IIT Bombay students. These lectures are transmitted live from IIT Bombay classrooms. One course consists of around 40 hours of lectures. eligibility criteria for joining these courses. Click here
18. GreyCampus : GreyCampus (Winzest Edutech Private Limited) is a leading provider of digital learning solutions for professional certifications, higher education and test preparation. Our solutions are offered globally and are designed with a focus on quality, efficacy, scale and affordability. We believe learning should be engaging, interactive and accessible anytime-anywhere. We believe technology-driven learning solutions which are personal and adaptive can significantly enhance learning outcomes.
19. National Repository of Open Educational Resources : NROER by Ministry of Human Resource Development : by Ministry of Human Resource Development. Offers resources for all school subjects and grades in multiple languages. You can access educational videos, audio, images, documents and interactive modules. Information about NROER and resource contribution is also available.
20. VideoLectures.NET is an award-winning free and open access educational video lectures repository. The lectures are given by distinguished scholars and scientists at the most important and prominent events like conferences, summer schools, workshops and science promotional events from many fields of Science. The portal is aimed at promoting science, exchanging ideas and fostering knowledge sharing by providing high quality didactic contents not only to the scientific community but also to the general public. All lectures, accompanying documents, information and links are systematically selected and classified through the editorial process taking into account also users’ comments.
21.Education Portal:Take online courses that are fun and engaging. Pass exams to earn real college credit. Research schools and degrees to further your education
22. Peer 2 Peer University – P2PU : A grassroots open education project that organizes learning outside of institutional walls and gives learners recognition for their achievements. P2PU creates a model for lifelong learning alongside traditional formal higher education. Leveraging the internet and educational materials openly available online, P2PU enables high-quality low-cost education opportunities.
23. IITBombayX (the eXtended online educational services from IIT Bombay) :Take great online courses fromone of India’s best Institutes . IIT Bombay has added significant functionality to the Open edX platform to create and offer MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses) from IITBombayX. This includes modifications to make it suitable for blended MOOCs and Indian language interfaces. This functionality will be extended in future to also cover the special needs of school education and vocational training.
24. TrueSchool : A team of IITians brought together by a shared vision of making learning a seamless and fulfilling experience, recent startup
25. LearnEngg.com delivers “Visual Based Knowledge System” (3DM ClassRoom) which addresses the Industry readiness of the students and their understanding of engineering concepts. 3DM enhances pass percentage and employability. The technology enabled solution is the BEST at least-cost for capacity building of vital resources and to thin-down the RURAL-URBAN divide through bridging the gap between industry and Institute.
26. Vlurn.com : Vlurn is an education learning portal which partners with best trainers and coaching institutes in India, to offer a wide range of online courses including a lot of free courses to anyone who wants to learn
27. Edureka : Instructor-led live online courses with 24×7 on demand support